Viscount Rotational Mouldings (VRM) specialises in the manufacture of rotationally moulded plastic goods. From the initial conception of the idea, to design – right through to delivery, VRM strive to make the entire process as smooth and rewarding as possible.
Tooling is economical and with VRM’s experience, the process is straightforward. Rotational Moulding offers very competitive advantages over other plastic manufacturing process such as injection moulding and blow moulding include but not limited to:
- Affordable low production runs.
- Rapid mould fabrication – enabling end product delivery sooner.
- Fast, simple de-moulding procedures.
- A multitude of colours are available, while changes of material can be achieved without any waste associated with purging of machinery.
- Material (shot weight) use is optimised for maximum efficiency with minimum waste. A technique such as insulating parts of the mould to prevent the formation of material where it is not required is one such example.
- Low-pressure manufacture reduces moulded in stress, material flow lines, ridges, etc.
- Wall thicknesses are consistently uniform. Wall thickness can be achieved that are thin in comparison to the parts overall size and shape, providing economy of raw material use.
- The process is very flexible allowing for a variety of surface textures, mould in graphics, insert plates, etching and a host of other decoration and markings to be moulded into the part.
- Inserts are an easy addition, saving on secondary operations time and ensuring integral strength of fittings, valves and joins.
Your needs are the driving force in our product development. At VRM, we offer the ability to turn good ideas into great products, utilising the rotational moulding process.
To assist our customers, VRM offers the latest design and moulding technologies with the capability of producing parts that range in size from 2 Litres up to 25,000 Litres. Rotational moulding is an incredibly versatile process. The choice of materials is equally diverse with the entire colour spectrum available.
Cost effective tooling and the ability to produce economical small production runs, gives VRM the means to supply what you need, on time and within budget.